Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Warsaw - Day One

Here is my disclaimer. I will edit when I get home. :).

Monday morning, I got up around seven and did my final organization. I caught the bus to the Mount Baker Transit Center. I had to make a pit stop to Rite Aid because I forgot to get batteries. Then to the airport.

It was a pretty quick process. I gave myself the three hours they recommend, and I did not need all the time. But with that said, I will continue to get there three hours ahead for international. The one time I didn't there were LONG lines. I finally had to go the "problem lane" because I was like my flight is leaving soon! By the time I cleared TSA and got to the gate, they were well into boarding. I would rather be sitting there relaxed than getting there stressed right on time. But I digress.

The flight was relatively quick for ten hours. I watched Rock of Ages, What to Expect When You are Expecting, a Sex and the City in the city episode, and How I Met Your Mother. It occurs to me that I could be repeating some of my earlier post. It's 8:20 p.m. here, and I am trying to to stay up for another hour.

As I mentioned I got to the hotel and settled in, and I went for a walk.

I just walked and would go off track when something drew me. I have seen some beautiful churches and architecture. I need to find out the names of the some of the buildings I took pictures of.

I went to a very beautiful church to pray and thank God for my safe arrival. Sometimes in daily life it's hard to clear the air and see life for how it is. It is good! While my life is not "perfect," it's perfect for me. I can honestly say I have nothing to complain about. The grass always looks greener on the other side, but I am trying to water my own lawn and appreciate what I have been given.

I need to come back here and start an anti-smoking campaign. A lot of smokers and I am trying not to breathe their air. I hate cigarette smoke. I grew up around it and hated it!

Also there are a lot of KFCs and Starbucks. I haven't seen a McDonald's yet. I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

The one thing I really need/want to do while here is to walk through the Old Town section. That is my goal for tomorrow afternoon.

The weather is cold here, but it's not as cold as I thought it would be. I was actually very comfortable walking today, and I wasn't wearing my heavier sweaters.

I met my tour mates. Basically the demographic is older, retired. Many of who are repeat customers to Gate1. The group is 13. Four retired couples, two friends, and a middle age couple and me. We will have seven more join us in Budapest.

Day one is done!

No comments: