Thursday, October 11, 2012

Volume XI, Issue IV - PCC Scroll - Editor's Corner

Ecclesiastes 3:11 has been in my heart lately. In the King James Bible, it says, “He hath made everything beautiful in his time.” The word beautiful is from the transliteration Hebrew word yapheh, which can be translated as goodly, pleasant, well, and fair.


Other versions of the Bible use different wording. The New American Standard Bible says, “He has made everything appropriate in its time.” God’s Word Translation says, “It is beautiful how God has done everything at the right time.” The Douay-Rheims Bible says, “He hath made all things good in their time.”

In this current season, it just seems that things are being made beautiful. Not from the standpoint that I don’t have struggles, issues, or heartaches. And not from the standpoint that I have all that I desire, want, or crave. But from the standpoint that my perception is changing. This change in perception changes my reaction to life as events unfold: good, bad, or otherwise.

But even during the most chaotic, disturbing, less focused periods of my life, there has always been awareness that things had a way of working themselves out. I can look back and say a few things with absolute certainty. One is that all things have worked for my good. I wish I could take credit and say that I intentionally planned order from chaos but that would be beyond a stretch. It’s amazing how even seemingly random events have come together for my good. Not necessarily when I wanted them to, but during a period I will simply call God’s time.

There was a time when I was mentally not available. There was a time when I did not care. There was a time when I was known as the “mean usher.” Yet through all of my issues and struggles, God kept His hand on me and little by little a transformation took place. A transformation that brought me present. A transformation that brought love. A transformation that brought down some of my walls.

It started with salvation. 2 Corinthians 5:17 tells us, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” A huge part of becoming new is found in Romans 12:2. It says you are “transformed by the renewing of your mind.” A huge part of seeing things beautiful is changing the lenses in which we see the world. I pray that we will see all things as beautiful and may able to say, “This is the LORD’S doing; it is marvelous in our eyes.”





No comments: