Saturday, October 20, 2012

Facebook 25 Random Things About Me



Facebook 25 Random Things About Me
I forgot about this! This was done in February 2009 as well. That month I did not reach my goal I posted all this random stuff!

25 Random things about me:
1. My relationship with God is very important to me. I’ve been adopted into my pastor’s family and have received love, support, and stability. I can say that I am blessed and a bit spoiled.
2. I have always loved to write. It helps me sort through my feelings. Even when I want to deny a thought or feeling, my writing has a way of bringing it to the surface.
3. I have always loved to read. I really like the classics, Wuthering Heights, Pride and Prejudice, etc. because they are well written.
4. I love to travel. It has taught me a lot about myself. I am totally obsessed with going to Ireland. There is something waiting for me there. I’m prepared to fall in love.
5. I am an introvert and maybe a bit of a loner. I love spending Saturdays at home by myself. I have a routine of cleaning, doing laundry, and relaxing. One resolution for 2009 is to actually leave the house on Saturdays and interact with other people – LOL.
6. I have a very active imagination. I have to make myself be in the moment because my mind will have me on an adventure miles away.
7. I love to read books and watch movies about the Tudor period of English history. I am fascinated by Henry VIII and Elizabeth I. Actually, as I travel, I’ve developed a love for history in general.
8. I’ve been in love once. I’ve met guys since then, but I haven’t felt the connection since.
9. I’ve only had one job out of college. I’ve worked at the Port since October 1996. I went there on a two-week temp assignment that never ended.
10. I didn’t get my license until I was like 30. LOL. I now have a 2001 Toyota Corolla that I plan to have for the next twenty years. I’m like a grandma, I only drive on Sundays.
11. I have a lot of crazy dreams. It may go back to my overactive imagination.
12. I love putting water in the freezer and letting it freeze over the top and then drinking it. I do it over and over again. It’s so refreshing.
13. I think I am starting to nest. I recently redid my condo and now I’m starting to cook more. It could be bio clock ticking since I will be high-risk maternity age in a little more than a month.
14. Sometimes before I go to bed, I check under my bed and behind my shower curtain.
15. I may be addicted to Facebook.
16. I take the bus to work. I have a few bus buddies I look forward to chatting with. I change my route to work every so often because I got to keep any stalkers guessing.
17. I’ve had three half-baked, desperate marriage proposals. They all got the same answer: HELL NO!
18. I am good with names. Actually, my memory is pretty good with remembering random events of life.
19. I go through seasons of having vanilla ice-cream, bananas, and chocolate syrup for dessert nightly. I stop when my cloths start getting tight.
20 I’ve been an usher at my church for years. Many of those years I was known as the “mean usher”.
21. When grocery shopping, I like to look at items I’ll never by. I go visit the hostess cupcakes, Twinkies, cookies, etc. I just like to tease them.
22. I am very competitive. I love playing board games and watching sports.
23. I am extremely organized. It’s actually a sickness.
24. I want a nose ring. Unfortunately it doesn’t go well in corporate America.
25. Random men sometimes stop me to tell me what nice lips I have. During these moments, I want to run and hide.

I would add:

1.      When I was younger, I was a member of the Sunshine Jumpers. It was a team that did Jump Rope for Heart. We competed with other teams in the state, and we also went around the state performing for assemblies. In retrospect, it was a really cool experience.
2.      I love tattoo art. Because of the conservative nature of my industry, they are all in discreet places.
3.      I am a complete and hopeless romantic. Le Sigh!
4.      I have a mild case of OCD.
5.      I hate doing handy work. For example, one of my cabinets became unhinged. I had to unscrew it and put it back together. Pure torture.
6.      When I meet “the one” handy work, car maintenance, and driving will all be turned over to him. The MOU is ready!

No comments: