Monday, October 15, 2012

Ready, Set, Go!

My Central Europe trip is a go! I am very, very excited to be going! I’ve heard so many good things about Prague, and I have always wanted to visit Vienna. Budapest is on my second tier list. I have to admit that Poland wasn’t on my radar screen. Now that I am going, I am excited to visit Auschwitz and see the Black Madonna.


Now I am aware that I bemoaned my last take at organized travel. What can I say, I REALLY like Rick Steves. This time around, I bought my own guidebook (Rick Steves of course) and will use that for all of my free time activity. Basically, I am owning my own vacation. Yes, I could have booked it all myself, but at this stage of the game finding hotels and planning on my intra-country travel may set me over the edge. LOL!

I actually have some downtime before I go and after I get back. I think for the future I will try to add in some downtime, at least at the end.

I am very excited. A week from today at this exact moment I should be on my airplane to Frankfurt. Two weeks from today right now I will be in Vienna, probably getting ready to go to bed!

No comments: