Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Bratislava

This morning we drove to Slovakia to visit Bratislava. I so loved it!

We started with a tour by a local guide who is also a writer and photographer. Then free time.

I basically stayed in the old town area. Went to St. Martin's Cathedral, which was quite nice. It reminded me of St. Colman's in Cobn because not only was it beautiful but it was also quite peaceful as it is not on folk's radar.

I thought the place was charming and understated. Rick Steves said to give it two hours but I could see myself coming for a few days. Like Wales a great place to relax from the hustle and bustle of the city life.

There were also some pretty funny statues. The Promenade area was nice to walk through.

Mozart and Beethoven both spent time there so those buildings were pointed out.

I was bummed because a museum I wanted to go to was closed. It holds a series of six royal English tapestries (apparently the only intact set in the world).

It's one of my favorite spots so far!

No comments: