Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Vienna

Today I slept in and skipped breakfast.

We started the morning at the Schronbrunn Palace, which was the summer home of the Hapsburg emperors. The rooms we saw were quite nice and the garden behind the castle was nice even though it was fall.

We also walked around the grounds of the Hofborg Palace courtyards, which was their main home. Vienna is pretty impressive, and I am counting the city as a museum in itself.

I wanted to go to the Royal Treasury but it was closed so I will need to go tomorrow afternoon after Slovakia.

I did go into the Imperial Rooms and they too were impressive.

I walked around the area of the Opera House, City Hall, Votive Church, and Parliament.

I will be heading in pretty soon.

Tomorrow Slovakia and then the Royal Treasury and perhaps more walking.

My vacation is winding down. Today is Tuesday and I come back Saturday!

No comments: