Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Vienna

When we returned to Vienna, I went for a walk along the canal.

Then I cut over and went to the Royal Treasury. There were some amazing pieces! Looking at how the Hapsburg's lived, I wonder how their people fared. It's one thing to see their lavish palaces and another thing to be a common person during those times.

After that, I went to the Kunsthistorisches Museum. There were pieces from Raphael, Holbein, Rubin, Rembrandt, and others. There were a lot of pieces. The ones that stood out were of people I knew like Jane Seymour (Henry VIII's third wife), Mary Tudor (his sister not daughter), Charles V. There were also some paintings involving Jupiter seducing various women.

There was a section I ignored because the paintings disturbed me and not in a good way. I don't want to see decapitated heads. Call me old fashion!

Then a final stroll around Vienna for this trip!

No comments: