Friday, October 29, 2010

Amsterdam 3

Today, I went to the Anne Frank House. Hard to believe that eight people lived in that cramped space for two years. I read her book when I was young, and I liked her immediately. It was a very sobering experience. It took place in the neighborhood I'm staying in.

I took a canal cruise afterwards. The water must have soothed me because I returned to my hotel and took an hour nap. My vacation is making me tired. LOL! There were some really nice shots to be taken. I can't wait to see my pictures.

Then I went to the Amsterdam History Museum. Afterwards, just walked around. Today, is my last day touring. There is a point in my vacations when I am horribly homesick. This happened very early this vacation. Now that it's over, I wouldn't mind another day or two to just chill and walk around.

The weather on my trip started off bad - really bad. It got better and my last day here is absolutely perfect. No rain. Mild fall weather. Beautiful! To think I wanted to come home early. Yes, the rain has ended and the future doesn't look as bleak as it did.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but I went to Dam Square yesterday. It was pretty chaotic with people and rides. It's where the city started in 1250.

I got reminded of the Acts of Mercy through the art I saw. It's a good reminder to get over myself already.

- Giving food, drink, and clothing to the needy
- Sheltering the homeless
- Caring for the Sick
- Visiting those in prison
- Burying the dead

Anyway, in 24 hours, I will be home bound! Pray for me.

XOXO

No comments: