Monday, October 25, 2010

Brugge x2

Today, I slept in. It rained hard this morning, but it has been nice and sunny since I've been out with the exception of a small shower. I took a canal cruise which was very nice. I'm glad I did because I noticed some great shots I didn't notice on land. Brugge has been a good place to come and relax! I'm also a lazy American tourist because I love that everyone speaks English. LOL.

I spent most of the day wandering around. Just tried different back streets to see what I could find.

Returned to Our Lady, which may have overtaken St. Coleman's as my favorite church. I'm thinking about going there for mass tonight. We will see.

I ate quite a bit today. No dinner as I'm stuffed. I tried Belgium chocolate from two places. Yum! I tried two samples from each place. They were good. The Belgium waffle was good too. I understand that Belgians eat theirs plain, but I had chocolate on mine. Def, not the breakfast waffle I imagined. Finally, did try Belgium fries. Try this at home kids. It's basically fries with mayonnaise. LOL. The only thing I didn't try is mussels. They are okay, but I'm not a huge fan, and would rather spend the euros on something else.

Nothing much to report today. Basically have just been wandering around and taking pictures. I'll head home early and organize and read and hit the sack early.

Tomorrow, I catch the train to Amsterdam. Jury is still out on whether I decide to stop in Brussels. At this point, I'm indifferent!

Hard to believe a week ago I was in Greece. I was either in Mykonos or close to being there. Hard to believe in a week, I'll be home. Greece seems so far away. Then again, so does home. Time normally goes by so fast, but I'm not sure it has this trip. It's neither good nor bad. Just interesting.

Okay. I can't run the spell check on this one. Forgive any misspelling. I'll correct them later!

I miss you!

No comments: