Tuesday, October 19, 2010

LTB, Paul, and John Oh My

Today was the most amazing day. I will record a long blog for the record books when I have better rates. Began the morning in Asia in Turkey and finished the day in Europe in Patmos. Both totally amazing! The cave in Patmos was very amazing. I can't explain the feeling. Just awe, but more on that later.

The weather goes from rain to sunshine to rain again. I got soaked last night in Mykonos. I've never been so wet that even my underwear were soaked. I know, I know TMI. The rain that came reminded me of how I expected the monsoons to be in India, but they didn't come when we were there. There was a river running down the streets. I liked Mykonos. The city was designed as a maze to confuse pirates. I enjoyed wandering the backstreets.

I wish we had more time to stay in each port, but as I may or may not have mentioned, I'm over cruising. I need time to linger and wander. I can totally see coming back to Greece and island hopping every two nights. Also totally want to check out Turkey. Was amazed at what I saw. Maybe that is next year?

Anyway I need to sit down and spend like a few logging my notes. I may have a chance tomorrow when we land in Rhodes. We will be at port most of the day, and I saw an Internet cafe on the map. They have to have better rates than the boat.

XOXO

No comments: