Thursday, October 30, 2014

Venice Day 1

I forgot how beautiful and magical Venice is! Wow. Talk about stunning. I love being around water, and I love all the many bridges. This city screams romance!

The hotel I am staying at is actually on the mainland. It is a short, one-stop, ten minute train ride to the city.

After getting here, Tammy and I went to the city by train. We then took a lovely water taxi to St. Mark's Square. We were looking for Rosanne and Angela, but alas we were not able to find them. Ladies, if you are reading this, we are sorry to have missed you! We were a little late in getting there.

We started off in the square and had a light snack, and we people and pigeon watched for a while. It was a nice day and the sun felt ultra nice. There was a lovely band playing in the background, and of course it would not have been complete without hearing Volare, which represents Italy for me from both trips now.

We then began to walk back toward the train station and made stops along the way to checkout some of the shops. When we got to the Rialto Bridge, I began to remember a little bit. I remember the markets, and I was able to find my old hotel eventually. I also saw the spot I spent time journaling in. It was nice to feel something familiar.

The city is such a maze of going down this street and that street and then using the signage to take you where you need to go. I am sure there are many streets still yet to be discovered.

Oh. I forgot to mention that one thing I loved about being at Lake Bled was the smell of the fireplaces. It just felt cozy, and I could visualize myself sitting next to a fire with some hot chocolate and a nice book.

Tammy and I also have begun planning our next trip. The plan is to meet in May to do Croatia and Albania. I cannot wait!

We had a nice dinner and was able to talk about life and relationships. I am glad to have taken the trip to meet some wonderful women who I hope to keep in touch with! It was sad to say goodbye, at least bye for right now. Tammy, if you are reading this, I appreciate the kindness and openness of your spirit. As Anne of Green Gables would say, you are a kindred spirit! I appreciate your advice and insight, and I know both of our paths in this life will be filled with love, peace, and joy!

I am very thankful for life and the chance to travel. I am thankful for everything happening in its own time. I am thankful for new opportunities and chances to try something new. I am thankful for this unknown future and its possibilities.

Today, I think I will head back to the city. I am also considering going to Verona for the day. We will see how I feel when I reach the train station. It is a 90 minute train ride to there from here.

I do need to find some time to get my thoughts together.

1 comment:

W. Taliaferro said...

Hugs and we miss you! Such a deep soul and a fullness of spirit.