Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Ljubljana

Started the day at the Bled Castle. It had a very good view of the city. There was also a nice museum that had some artifacts. The real reason to be up there were the views.

Spent most of the day in Ljubljana, and please do not ask me to say it! It was a nice city. After the city walking tour, which covered quite a bit of my Rick Steves walk, I mainly walked around the river and took in the many bridges. There is a cool one that has dragons on it. There are dragons throughout the city. The town has 27 bridges, which is three more than Paris. It had a feel like Amsterdam. There were some pretty cool antique shops there too.

I thought about walking up to the castle, but I had a flashback to another trip. I did enjoy people watching in the main square. Their market there was also very nice. People were buying the fruits and vegetables that looked quite good. Whenever I travel, I  think I should start using the Market more at home.

There are a lot of German tourist here. Last night, some people were asking me questions in German. The German I learned in high school is gone!

Came back to Bled and walked around the lake again. Very nice. I also went to St. Martin church, and I realized I still have no idea what I want to do with my life. But that is a whole different story.

I am a little pressed for time so this one is short.

Tomorrow, I am off to Venice for three nights.

No comments: