Thursday, October 23, 2014

The Journey to Dubrovnik

The journey to Dubrovnik was very scenic. The coast is so very amazing, and yes I keep using that word. Amazing. Stunning. Beautiful. Unreal.

The thing I found most interesting was that there is a portion of the coast that is actually part of Bosnia so we had to cross the border into Bosnia and then what felt like a five-minute drive later, cross the border back into Croatia.We also made a stop, so technically I have been to Bosnia! LOL. Part of the rule is that your feet have to touch the ground and you have to leave the airport or train station to count.

Once we got to the hotel, Sonia and I met and took a bus to the New Harbor to go in search of a camera. We walked along the New Harbor for a second then took the bus to the Old City. OMG. I am in love! I cannot wait to explore more. I can see why Rick Steves likes this place so much. It kind of reminded me of Lucerne in that it does not appear to be real.

My big decision is whether to use Saturday as a free day or join the trip to Montenegro. When I feel I could see a lot tomorrow, I know I could see more in two days and not be so rushed. I could also just chill out. The other side is will I ever plan to take a trip to Montenegro outside of this? Big question mark. I need to decide tomorrow. We will see. I would not mind just walking down to the sea and just being for a few minutes.

No comments: