Monday, October 27, 2014

Lake Bled

I am currently in Slovenia, to be exact Bled.

Slovenia is not a place that was on the list or radar, but here I am.

First of all, this place is very quiet and peaceful. A complete 180 from the busy city life of Zagreb. I have slowed way down.

Sonia and I walked around the lake, which is 3.5 miles. It was a nice walk. The weather up here is much cooler so we are certainly feeling the fall air up here.

My room for the next two nights has a nice view of the lake.

There is a castle on the cliff that I will see tomorrow. And the lake is surrounded by mountains, including the Julian Alps.

After the hike, Sonia and I had dinner at this place that has Indian food along with local fair. The cook was Indian, and we talked a few minutes with him. Sonia is actually from Pakistan, but they were able to communicate together in Punjabi. He seemed happy to see her. I think he was happy to see someone who looked somewhat like him and maybe more importantly someone he could speak his language with.

I understand because I get excited when I see other black women traveling. I always make a point to say or give a nod.

1 comment:

Margo said...

I love reading about your travels! Can't wait to hear about them in person. -kenna