Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Week 41

Psalm 8:4 is one of my favorite scriptures. It reads, “What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?”

There are times in life when I am very aware that God is mindful of me. I am currently in a season of awareness. So, this scripture was a good one to think and meditate on.

Earlier in the year was a little rough on me. I felt really uncertain in myself, relationships, and life. It didn’t really feel like God was mindful of me. I say that lightly because by now I am aware that even my darkest hours have always worked out for my good.

I am extremely thankful for God not forgetting about me and my desires. No, I don’t have everything I want, but I mostly have everything I need and that is a lot to be thankful for.

I am thankful for the little things. I need new tires and they are buy three get one free. That is a blessing. My job was recently upgraded. That is a blessing. I am going on vacation soon. That is a blessing. I have more to be thankful for than I can begin to write. Far more than any complaint I can register. I have more than enough “evidence” that God is mindful of me.

No comments: