Monday, October 17, 2011

Hong Kong Chronicles - Now, back to special programming.

Last night (Monday night), I gratefully laid my head down on the pillow and went to sleep around 11 p.m. I woke up off and on throughout the night, but I rested a lot better than I thought I would. I do feel a little out of sorts right now. My body knows it should be sleeping and is lethargic, but I will get through the day.


Today, I plan on going for a walk. It’s about 1:30 p.m. here. I’ve been up since 10 a.m. but unpacking, getting cleaned up, and getting organized.


This vacation is going to be different than my recent previous vacations in several ways.


First of all, I plan on getting some rest. No days packed with rushing from here and there. So, there will probably not be many long drawn out history lessons of what I saw and why I saw it. So, it may be a little boring. I will be doing the equivalent of a beach vacation in a bustling city.


I have set no agenda. I have not made a list of places I must see. I will take each day as it comes. Alice works from 9 to 6 so I will amuse myself during the days before meeting up with her at night. There may even be a day or two when I don’t venture far from home. I am almost tempted to avoid any and every area that even suggests tourism, but can’t commit to that. LOL.


I may do a harbor cruise at some point, though riding the ferry to Hong Kong Island may count. I will go to Macao and China (Shenzhen), but not sure when. That’s all I know for now other than I want to go to the Peak (yes it is touristy), go to a night market (okay, more touristy), and have dim sum (which may or may not be touristy). Okay, okay. I will be a tourist.


No comments: