Saturday, October 24, 2015

It's just another's day journey....



The last few days have been slow after a couple of fast paced days.

I am currently in Portugal! I am happy because I will gain two hours. One, Portugal is one hour behind Spain. So in Spain, I was nine hours ahead. Now, I am eight hours ahead. But they fall back tonight, so I get to fall back twice because it will fall back in the U.S. the night I get back. Doing the happy dance.

I am in the Algarve region, which is a beach area.

I spent most of the day in Lagos in the Old Town. Started in this square called Prace Gil Eanes. Look up the story of King Sebastian of Portugal. Disaster. I considered going to the Church of St. Anthony, which is a museum, but it was closed. There is also a Slave Museum, but sometimes that is too close to the surface. I did get pictures of the arches were slaves were sold from 1444 to the mid-1700s hundreds there. When slaves were brought from Africa, they were quarantined for 40 days after which they were sold. Saw the square that honors Henry the Navigator and an old fort.

Have hit a few beaches and really cool lookout points. I even have a new profile picture, but I am not vain. It’s the hair that makes me do and say such things.

So I was walking down the beach, and it hit me that I am in Portugal. When it comes down to it, life is good. Picture me walking down the beach singing “It’s another day’s journey, and I’m glad…glad…glad…glad.” Grace Apostolic Temple original church style of course.

Anyway, tonight will be relaxed. I am going to grab dinner, head back to the room, and relax. I will thankfully lay my head down knowing tonight time falls back.

1 comment:

Margo said...

You're in Portugal! I so admire how much you squeeze into your travels. -kenna