Tuesday, August 25, 2009

P.S.

So I am doing laundry, and I hear these drumbeats. The marchers I saw on the way back here ended their parade around the corner. The interesting thing is they were playing My Country Tis of Thee, which I thought was an American anthem.

They say a watched pot doesn't boil. Well a watched dryers never ends. I am ready to go to bed as I have to get up early to be on my way to meet Candy and Pam at the B and B. I'm just wasting time to make it go!

I guess I'll checkout Facebook. LOL.

Rick Steves says that it is never the country you are in that's the problem, it's you. He says you have to find the right lens to view the country in, which is probably very true. Since I am constantly seeking and looking for comfort, it would make sense that a war zone would make me uneasy. So, my rose color lens just prays for healing here and that people are able to find common ground and move on for the good.

I totally dug the Antrim Coast though. Totally beautiful and peaceful!

1 comment:

Liza said...

Check out some more history on an old "American" song: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_Save_the_Queen