Saturday, August 15, 2009

Away We Go!

For the next weeks, this will become my travel blog. I am so excited! I have placed the countries I want to visit into Tiers A, B, and C. (For some reason, Thing 1 and Thing 2 just popped into my head!). The British Isles are most certainly in Tier A. This visit, I will explore Wales, Scotland, and Ireland. I will need to return. There is not enough time to see all that I want to see. I need to return to England as well. I was able to tour London a few years ago. When I went, there was flooding, and I was not able to explore Cambridge, Oxford, Hadrian’s Wall, Bath, etc.

This year is definitely different. I normally feel a serious pang of homesickness right before my trip. I then consider a postponement of the trip, and I start missing everyone like crazy. This year, well maybe a little, but not so much.

I am ready to go, and the timing is perfect for me to get away and re-evaluate my life. Life is way too short. I am very aware that in this season of my life, I am relatively free to use my time to satisfy the desire I have to travel. Oh, if only time and money were not an issue (smile). I was talking to my cousin about life. We agreed that if we had known then what we know now…well let’s just say life would have been different. This is not to say that it would have been better because we could all shoulda, woulda, coulda all day and never know what would have happened.

I just know that I don’t want to look back in 15 years (at 50) and wonder what happened and why I missed out on fulfilling my life’s dreams and desires. No, I plan to win in this game called life. Am I not more than a conqueror?

So I invite you to check back in a few days or so (Wednesday at the latest), and walk with me as I journey through the U.K. It’s going to be awesome!!! I will try to stick to the facts and not subject you to my musings on life. Notice I didn’t promise!

No comments: