Tuesday, August 30, 2011

2011 Vacation location is...drumroll please...

I have been all over the place in terms of the destination of my vacation.

Airplane tickets were super expensive this year! I initially started the year wanting to go to Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. I then wanted to go to Spain, Portugal, and Morocco, but couldn’t quite settle it in my spirit. Plus, right now, there are protests and unrest going on.

This Saturday, it all became clear, as did the reason to my procrastination. I am a firm believer that things just have a way of working out.

My friend was visiting from Hong Kong. She works for and lives in a hotel. Her hotel suite has a private bathroom and bath. Do you see where this is going! Yes. I am Hong Kong bound. I will also visit Macao and mainland China. Most importantly, I get to hang with a good friend!

I am super excited. This is certainly not where I thought I would go, but things have a way of coming full circle. When I originally got my passport, it was to visit her in Hong Kong, but she ended up moving back to Canada for a while. Well, I procrastinated and by the time I got my passport, she was coming back. But, now I will finally go. Plus, I remember I never expected to go to India, and what a time I had!


1 comment:

Liza said...

Exciting!!! China has always looked so beautiful to me!