Monday, August 22, 2011

Week 34

As week 34 begins, I feel compelled to voice a thought that has been nagging at me for at least a few months.

I feel that my “day of devotional” has become a little monotonous. Something I do because I am supposed to do, yet it has lost its original power because it has become part of a routine. Often times, my heart isn’t even it.

I much prefer my way of interacting with God.

With that said, it is so important to me to begin what I started, and I will complete this.

The other thing is that I feel like I have lost my blog. I haven’t really blogged anything outside of my weekly devotions, besides my church articles and a few random thoughts here and there.

In some ways, next year may turn into sort of a journal-type blog, which opens me up in a way that is needed. The only area of my life that will be off-topic is my job because, well you know.

I am in a season where questions and doubts are nagging me in the back of my head. I realize that I have stopped voicing my opinions, and I have stopped voicing my doubts. I try to focus on what is good, pure, etc, which actually isn’t a bad thing. I just need to figure out an outlet.

I have decided to use one verse for my devotional today. It’s a familiar passage found in Romans 8:28, which reads, “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”

Lately, I feel like there a few mistakes I have made. Times when my mouth opened when it should have been shut. Times when I could have made that extra step to reach out but did not. Times when I could have gotten over myself and acted kinder but did not.

I just need to remind myself that in the end, things come together as they should. Things just have a way of working out.

No comments: