Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Week 33

Saturday, the editing team of my church newsletter had our annual retreat. We bring in an outside facilitator, who is the instructor of the editing program I took years ago.

I look forward to the retreat each year. It’s always so wonderful to refocus and reenergize.

One of the topics was the church anthology. In some ways, the anthology should already be done, or at least my inner critic keeps telling me. My delay and procrastination, which is complicated, has always puzzled and intrigued me.

I believe that when God wants things done, they get done. If I am in the way, I have two choices. One, I can get out of the way. Or two, God can get me out of the way. In my experience, getting out of the way in my own free will is always best.

I know that all things work out in their own time. This is why I chose Ecclesiastes 3:11 as my devotional. It reads, “He hath made everything beautiful in his time...” It’s not about my time; it’s about God’s time.

Though totally out of context, 1 Timothy 6:15 also spoke to me. It reads, “Which God will bring about in his own time…,” in the NIV.

So, things have a way of working out how they are supposed to. I am excited about what is to come. Though I think a view into the future may cause me to go running and screaming in the opposite direction.

No comments: