Friday, August 5, 2011

Week 31

I am extremely behind. I fasted on Monday, and for some unknown reason I am now just getting ready to blog about it. If you asked me what was going on this week to prevent me from blogging, I would be hard pressed to come up with a decent answer.

On a side note, I did a Netflix search for Master Peace Theater movies awhile ago, and I added a bunch of those series to my queue. A also did a search by authors I liked like Charles Dickens, Elizabeth Gaskell, etc. and have been watching series based on those books as well. I finished Little Dorritt yesterday, and I so enjoyed it.

My quest to become a better person has led me to some curious challenges to arise. I find that I am in a position of having to speak up of myself, which is actually a good thing. I find that I am having more people tell me the truth, which is a good thing. I welcome more truth tellers in my life. I want people who tell the truth in love and to help me a better person. I don’t need or want people who tell me their “truth” to hurt, destroy, or belittle me.

Nothing like having a friend tell you that you need to get over yourself – especially when they are right. Since we are both single with no friends, I can’t blame my selfishness on that aspect of my life. After my jaw dropped, I had to so true reflection and soul searching.

I decided to use Proverbs 18:24 for my devotion, which says, “A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.”

On another topic, sometimes I feel like time is my worst enemy, yet it does seem like something I waste. Sometimes it seems like there is not enough time to do what I need to do.

One of my Facebook friends had a quote on his page that resonates with me:

I found that every single successful person I’ve ever spoken to had a turning point and the turning point was where they made a clear, specific, unequivocal decision that they were not going to live like this anymore. Some people make that decision at 15 and some people make it at 50 and most never make it at all. ~ Brian Tracy.

It’s so time for me to make some changes. Less of me. More of God.

1 comment:

Liza said...

When you say your job dropped, I hope that doesn't mean you lost your job!

Reading your post reminds me of changes I've had to make. I know you are trying to think less of yourself, but not all change has to be purely selfless. Sometimes we think too little of ourselves. There have been times when I've gotten into blaming mode...."I can't do what I want because of ...." usually someone elses fault. From time to time, I have to set my excuses aside and really think about what it is I want. Make a plan! Envision my dream realized and then look at what it is that is stopping me from achieving it. Usually, it's just excuses or lack of motivation. I have to work at finding things that will keep me motivated instead of waiting for motivation to hit me on the head. But half the problem, for me, is actually visualizing what I want! It's O.K. to want things for yourself!