Thursday, July 14, 2011

Week 28

Philippians 4:13
“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”

This week has been hectic! Three work projects have all been due this week, and I have been swamped. So swamped, that I have worked late each day and came home exhausted. I have been going to be super early!

Monday started off with my having to do a presentation/tour for my job for a Korean delegation. I was actually a co-presenter. I have an aversion to public speaking and try to avoid it like the plague. Long story short, it didn’t kill me. My colleague took pity on me and did most of the presentation.

It was actually good that this event happened on my fast day because I was able to think on Philippians 4:13.

The truth is that public speaking isn’t as terrifying to me as it used to me. The craziest thing about it is that I was fine doing public speaking up until 9th grade. It was 10th grade that this fear set it. I tried tracking back and seeing if anything traumatic (outside of the normal trauma of my childhood – LOL) happened.

Anyway, I am actually starting to visualize myself public speaking – much to my horror – LOL! Before I got my license, I went through a similar exercise with driving.

So, I will rely on this scripture and rely on the fact that God is equipping me and I have to go along with it despite whatever personal hang-ups I might have!

Please pray with me as I pray about this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Core workout. It’s been a long week and also a half. I have been running a lot and had a variety of additional training sessions outside my norm. So I could feel it wearing on me a bit. This is exactly where staying focused and pushing through it becomes important.