Monday, July 4, 2011

Week 27

Jeremiah 1:5, “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.”

Psalm 8:4, “What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?”

Psalm 139:14, “I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.”

Zechariah 4:6, “Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.”

I spent Friday night organizing some paper and computer files. I ended up organizing my portfolio. I looked at past issues of the Scroll that I have electronic issues on (I lost electronic issues of the first five years, but I still have the paper copy). I decided to make sure I had posted my past editor’s corners.

During this process, I came across the issue that I was the PCC Cover Girl (this is when the newsletter was the PCC Women’s Scroll. Anyway, one of the questions was about my favorite scripture, and I had listed four. I thought I would use them for my devotional.

Jeremiah 1:5 is one of my favorites because it reminds me that God had little old me in mind from the beginning. It’s comforting that despite all my eternal father has going on, he still thinks of me and is mindful of me, which is why Psalm 8:4 has been a favorite. I don’t know why, and I don’t understand it but God is crazy about me! When I feel insecure, I think about Psalm 139:14. Yes, I would like to drop 20 to 30 pounds. Yes, I can be a little unkempt at times, buts I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I love Zechariah 4: 6 because it reminds that I don’t have to use my strength to do God’s will in my life. It’s not by my physical power and might but through God’s spirit working in me. It takes the pressure off!

My prayer this time around is surrounding liberty or freedom if you will, which is cool since it’s the Fourth of July. There are things that I am free or at a liberty to do, but the question becomes are they prudent to do. I’m at a point where I want to color outside of the lines so to speak, which is good and bad. So, I am trying to be wise in choosing what I use my liberty to accomplish and do.

No comments: