Monday, February 7, 2011

Week 6

Psalm 34:13-14 reads, “Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile. Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.”

I can’t think of the word to describe how my life has been since I began my day of consecration each week. On one hand, it’s seems like a constant battle has been raging. On the other hand, I am pretty laid back about the current chaos. I guess I expected it.

I am determined to seek peace and pursue it. I can’t allow myself to be lured into conversations and situations that are more damaging than edifying – no matter how attractive the package looks.

There are times when my imagination takes off, and I find that I am losing interest in some situations I was hung up on in the past. Whatever attraction I felt in the past, seems to be waning, which is actually a good thing. Part of it is that I am removing my rose-colored glasses with people. This is actually good because it frees them from the pedestal I placed them on. They become human, which is all they really were anyway. The romantic twist and pull ends, and it’s easier to make a rational decision without the emotions interfering.

I do wonder how one can remain silent in a relationship. If my goal is keep my tongue from evil and by lips from speaking guile, then I suppose I have to be intentional on whom I seek relationship and conversation with.

I have to admit that my thoughts are all over the place. I have serious questions about where I am supposed to be. Who am I supposed to be in relationship with? It hurts to see and feel relationships change and involve. And my question remains of whether I am supposed to fight to retain or just simply let life and time alter them?

There is an old song with following lyrics:

“Oh lord I want you to help me
Oh lord I want you to help me
help me on my journey, help me on my way
Oh lord I want you to help me”

This is how I feel, but I am not sure what to pray for.

No comments: