Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Road

People often ask me how I ended up in Moses Lake.

My Aunt Dorothy and her husband came to Moses Lake because her eventually ex-husband was in the Air Force.

My mom had three kids at 16, 17, and 19. She was not ready to be a mom so my three sisters and I were sent to be raised by her. What was suppose to be a temporary sitation became me living with my aunt from when I was 16 months old to 18.

Legend tells that my mom did come back for us, but my aunt would not let us go.

Sometimes I rage against this event in my life. My mom's "abandoment" and "rejection" played heavy in my pysche for so long. Now, I realize that my being sent to Moses Lake was part of God's plan.

If I had grown up in MS, I don't think I would have went to college or traveled or been successful. I imagine I would have kids and working at the chicken plant in my home town. Sigh.

Anyway, so that is how I up in Moses.

No comments: