Friday, June 4, 2010

The Lord Giveth the Lord Taketh Away

My aunt that raised me passed away. The details are still sketchy, but it sounds like she may have been gone for a few days before she was discovered.

It did get me thinking about my future and where I want to be in 40 years or on my death bed. If I had to imagine it, I would imagine myself being surrounded by my friends and family that love me.

I was thinking about the things I need to do to ensure that I am sowing community, friendship, love, and family. It takes so much effort to be intentional in friendship and relationship. It takes commitment and dedication.

I was thinking about my mom and my aunt. I have to remind myself that I am me and my destiny isn’t tied to them and my choices will lead me down to a path that is different.

I was thinking that it is so important to have closure with people. It’s almost like you have to make a decision on who is in your community, and then make a conscious effort to tender and care for those relationships. Life is too short to hold on to past hurts, pains, and bitterness. It’s best to just get things out in the open so healing can begin.

I’ve been doing a lot of thinking!

No comments: