Saturday, February 13, 2010

No TV for You

I am very grateful for a three-day weekend! Woohoo!

Wednesday is Ash Wednesday, which means Lent starts! I’ve been going back and forth on what to give up for Lent this year. I’ve given up meat many times. In fact, giving up meat is no longer a struggle or sacrifice anymore. I’ve given up TV in this past, which is something I like. So, I will give up TV between Ash Wednesday and Easter. I will also place my Netflix account on hold for this time period.

Oh, what to do with all that spare time! I can read. I can study. I can work on my church’s website. I can work on my writing. I can work the April 1 issue of my church newsletter. Yes, there are things I can do besides veg and watch TV.

I thought about giving up Facebook, but decided not to close myself off from social networks. I say this with the understanding that Facebook, email, and texting is away to communicate with people. It takes time and real conversations to develop and maintain real relationship!

No comments: