Sunday, February 21, 2010

Bon Jovi Rocks!

Last night, I went to see Bon Jovi in concert. This is my second time seeing the band live, and I think they are so awesome. I like their music because if you listen to the lyrics, there is a positive message that runs through most of the songs.

This may sound strange, but both times I left feeling very inspired after their concerts. With music, the lyrics are always what draw me into a song. I could care less about a good beat. Many of the Bon Jovi songs have a theme around pushing aside your fears and doing your dream. It’s like a constant mantra to do something good in the world that will help others.

Lent started on Wednesday, and I have been without TV, DVDs, etc. I can already tell I am going to get a lot of reading done between now and Easter. I also want to think long and hard about my dream (as stated in the previous post). How does that vision come into reality? As the Bible says I Corinthians 16:9, “For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.”

Or, in the words of Bon Jovi:

It's my life
It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just wanna live while I'm alive

(It's my life)
My heart is like an open highway
Like Frankie said, "I did it my way"
I just wanna live while I'm alive
'Cause it's my life

No comments: