Friday, January 8, 2010

The Search for God

My belief in God is strong. If I look back over my life, I can see His hand on me. There are too many things that could have been. There are too many things that I have been protected from.

I am always amazed at some people who don’t believe who are constantly trying to tell me that God doesn’t exist. I am at the point where I feel my belief in God is being attacked on a daily basis. There is this subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) attempt to plant disbelieve in my mind.

I learned to stop debating God’s existence early on in my Christian walk. It’s tiresome to talk in circles. The Bible talks about casting pearls among swine. The Gospel is too valuable to waste. At the end of the day, neither party was going to change their mind.

Where would I start in presenting the evidence that God has been real in my life? How do I explain the ways in which He has by faith shown Himself to be real to me?

At the end of the day, I am very sad for the people who have never a chance to meet Him.

1 comment:

Liza said...

It's the last days! As Christians, we all look forward to the day the Savior will return, but we also recognize that it will be preceded by much wickedness. It's all around us and I believe that as time goes on we will find ourselves more and more the minority in society. Here is an article that you might find encouraging: http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=914c230bac7f0210VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD