Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Twilight Zone

There is a movie where a woman is running to catch a train. The movie then breaks into two scenarios. In one scenario, she catches the train. She arrives at home and catches her boyfriend with another woman. In the second scenario, she misses the train, thus never encountering this other woman.

I thought of this movie today.

I decided to catch the bus downtown to get a birthday present. I left at 3:40 to catch the 3:45 bus. I arrived at the bus stop at 3:43. I waited and waited. I assume the bus was early (or it never came). I knew if I went back home, I would not come back out so I waited and waited and waited for the 4:15 bus. During the time I was waiting, I was thinking about how this 30 minute delay changed the people I would encounter.

The first set of people was the bus driver and the people who rode the bus with me. The second sent was people I would encounter on the streets and in the stores I went into.

It’s one of those mind exercises I do quite a bit and gives me this strange mysterious feeling whenever I do it.

No comments: