Monday, November 30, 2009

Two Random Thoughts

I’m amazed how certain scents can bring memories rushing back. I have a Candy-Cane Christmas Wreath that smells wonderful. A co-worker came by and got teary-eyed reminiscing how the smell took her back to childhood. She shared some wonderful memories of her mother’s creativity and her family’s Christmas traditions.

There are certain scents that can take me back. Drakar. Gas stoves. There are certain scents that make me feel comfort. Vanilla. Baked bread. There are certain smells that I detest. Cigarette smoke. Alcohol on peoples’ breath (especially cheap beer).

Smells are right up there with music. SIGH!

In a totally different thought, have you ever observed a situation that you knew was an accident waiting to happen? The best example I can give is putting an alcoholic in charge of a bar. It’s only a matter of time before they succumb to the pressure. It’s like you know something is coming (instinctively) and you are just waiting for the event to happen. In some ways, you have a way to plan your response, but nothing ever happens in the way we expect it to.

No comments: