Saturday, December 12, 2009

Weight Watchers

So, my job has a Spirit and Wellness Initiative. Through the initiative, I was able to sign up for an onsite Weight Watchers. I missed week one because I had a Photoshop class. I attended week two on Wednesday. I realized then that I may not be as committed or serious as some of my classmates.

The spirit is willing but the flesh is week.

The main problem is that the week that just pasted and part of next week are party central. I realize that I don’t want to say no to meatballs, popcorn shrimp, cheese and crackers, cookies, cakes, donuts, etc. I very much want to partake.

What I’m thinking is that this is something I should have started in the new year. If I mentally fast forwarded to Christmas Eve my mouth begins to water. How can I say no to pizza, chili dogs, Chinese food, friend chicken, etc? What about Christmas brunch dinner? How can I say no to that? More importantly why would I say no to that?

What I am thinking is that I won’t be teacher’s pet. I figure each week I will come in about five pounds heavier. But what I ride I will have doing so.

I promise to behave better on January 2, 2010. I don’t want to say no to any special dinner that may take place on January 1.

1 comment:

Liza said...

The whole weight thing is a bear, isn't it! I read the Dr. Phil weight loss book and it gave me some new things to think about. His book talks a lot about WHY we over eat. It was pretty enlightening! So now, whenever I see myself wanting to eat and I'm not hungry, I ask myself, "Why do I want to eat right now?" Usually, I can fix my "hunger" without eating now. (I'm usually stressed out or tired, so I just need to relax or sleep!)

I have a goal to lose 10 more pounds. I figure that losing ten and keeping it off feels like a great accomplishment right now! So I'm with you on losing weight! Good luck with your goal!