Thursday, July 23, 2015

LTB the Artist

I am trying to expand my artistry beyond writing.

I enjoy painting, though it is not my "gifting." I have done four classes where you are taken step by step to reproduce a painting. So I have four paintings.

I have finally gotten around to blowing up some pictures. I am very excited to display my own work! My goal is take a photograph class. I want to learn how to use light and shadow to really bring the pictures out. When I was in Hungary, there were such large buildings, and I couldn't quite get the right angle to shoot them to give them justice. I would love to learn some tips.

This picture remains one of my favorites. It was taken during my first trip to Europe. Venezia!

Rovinj, Croatia.
This is my first drawing. I recognize that I have hated them all as I was painting them, but I loved them in the end.
My other three paintings. Notice the big "LTB" in the picture on the far right.
Picture collage. The wording is a quote from Bilbo Baggins. “It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

The three photos on my wall.

No comments: