Monday, October 28, 2013

Third Reich, English Gardens

Today began with a walking tour of the Third Reich Munich. I had the same guide as yesterday. The Nazi party began here so we were able to see some of the spots of where it all began. The thing is that Hitler was a passionate exhorter, and I know that people are swayed by emotion. When the economy fell, people were looking for a scapegoat, which became the communist and the Jews. And the Nazi party did a good job using propaganda to sway the people. It's like little by little, and it seems like at first they weren't completely open with their final plan of world domination.

Not sure if I have mentioned this or not, but Germany blames Austria for both world wars. I can get WWI. The world was already on edge and when the Austrian emperor's nephew was murdered by Serb nationalists, he reacted and Germany took their side. Then people began taking sides. When the Treaty of Versailles was complete, Germany had no say and they were pretty bitter that some of their land had been taken, and they had to give financial amends to the French. So some say that WWII was just a continuation of the first war. I think I mentioned last year that all these arbitrary borders were created. People who were together were separated and people who were enemies were put together.

Hitler's ideas was to retake all the German speaking countries (he actually wanted Eastern Europe). He annexed Austria. Was given then Czechoslovakia to appease him by some world leaders. It wasn't until he invaded Poland that the powers at be stood up.

But again that this idea that an Aryan race is superior and everyone else needed to be wiped out or enslaved. Really? Anyway, I could go on but I will save you the rant that I can feel coming.

One of my tour mates is actually a traveling nurse who has lived in Seattle for I think seven months. She is from Florida. I gave her my information, hopefully she contacts me. She said she had not met any friend in the area yet.

I ended up hanging with a couple I met at the tour, Samantha and Mark. We walked in the English Gardens for a while. It was nice having someone to talk to. So we also passed by the palace and through the royal gardens.

Tomorrow is Tuesday so I have two whole days so sight see. I am trying to determine if I should go to Regensburg tomorrow or just stay local. If I do, it would be an early start. We will see. I will play it by ear. Sleeping in sounds good too.

I need to find something to eat then I will spend the evening reading.

No comments: