Friday, November 2, 2012

Prague

I had 1.5 days to see Prague! I covered quite a bit. Rick Steves recommends two days minimum, and I was able to cram most of it in.

I had a chance to explore some of the New Town, Lessor Town, and back to the Old Town and Charles Bridge. The Old Town Square was cool. Touristy but nice. Actually in general the old town squares are some of my favorite places in each city. You can sit back and people watch. You can also imagine how life was once upon a time. I was able to see the short astronomical clock show. Could have missed it but I saw it.

Also went to the Jewish Quarter and  saw the oldest synagogue in Eastern Europe. It was built in 1270.

Went to St. Vitus Cathedral, which goes down in the top ten if not top five beautiful churches I have visited in my travels. This of course means I was also up in the Prague Castle. Very nice views.

We visited the Infant Jesus Church, which is where women who want to get pregnant go.

There is a 67% divorce rate so there is this strange gate were people put up locks. Not sure what that is all about.

We passed by the John Lennon Wall, and I added LTB around six times. So next time you are in Prague, look on the right side and you will see my vandalism.

Today was a busy day, but I feel like I have seen some really good highlights. The city has some great architecture and that within itself is art. The museums here are not rated that high so I don't feel like I missed anything from that standpoint. I just had to move quickly to see a lot.

But I do plan on coming back!

1 comment:

Liza said...

Check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_padlocks

I saw a place in Florence that had locks all over it and did a little research.