Thursday, November 1, 2012

Prague

We arrived in Prague and got settled.

We went to the Old Town. My hotel is near the Flora stop so we took the metro four stops to Old Town.

Walked around and I had dinner with Lisa and Brooks.

There was a lot of activity and I can't wait to see the views from the day as my camera takes awful night shots. We walked across the Charles's Bridge. I petted the dog on the St. John the Baptist statue, which means I will come back.

I can see why people love Prague. It's nice and has some great architecture. We are supposed to vote for which city we liked the best, but I am hard pressed. I want to come back to each one for sure. Interestingly, I think I am favoring the smaller towns of Cesky Krumlov and Bratislava.

Tomorrow I have a full day of site seeing, and then Saturday it is home sweet home, ready or not.

I am kind of torn because on one hand there is not place like home. On the other hand the world awaits. It's always a conundrum.

I think I mentioned I am off of fall/winter travel - unless I am going somewhere warm. Being cold is for the birds!

No comments: