Thursday, December 22, 2011

Week 51

“I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.” Revelation 1:8

This weekend, I was thinking how hard it is to date in our society. This is in part due to what I call the three-date rule.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-date_rule

Now, I admit this is not a hard fact. The survey suggests it might even be a four+ date rule. I use it to illustrate how quickly physical intimacy is happening in relationships nowadays.

I told my pastor and his wife on Sunday that it is going to be extremely difficult to find a man who is going to not bolt over the simple fact that I am abstinent (and trying my best to stay that way).

And, I have been thinking. Part of the reason I don’t date is because I really don't think there is a guy out there who is going to want to wait until after marriage before becoming physically intimate. Sadly, I just don’t believe this. I was thinking about this and the fact that I really have stopped believing that there is someone out there for me. I would love to get married and have a family with someone, but my faith is very weak in this area.

Then, I started thinking about how powerful God is. I had to ask myself why I believed He was powerful in all areas except for this very important area of providing a mate for me.

So, for my devotional, I choose a scripture that basically says who God is. He is the Almighty. If I can believe He created the World. If I believe He was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself. If I believe He died and rose again. Surely, I can believe that He can provide someone who wants to walk out this part of my faith with me.

It will be short courtship (smile).

I saw this quote on a Facebook page, and it reminded me of my puzzle.

To have integrity means that you don't agree with everyone you meet, nor do you succumb to pressure to be something that is in direct conflict with your core ethics. ~ Byron Pulsifer

This is and will be challenging. Pray for me!

1 comment:

Liza said...

You need to date more Mormon guys! :) But even so, I believe in short courtships...after all, why tempt things! Joe and I knew each other less than two months...really only dated twice before we decided to get married. We had four months of engagement....and even that long was a hard, long wait!

Keep strong to your principles! There are men out there that can honor them! Enrich your life, live fully and the right guy will naturally walk into that.