Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011 Letter

2011 was a good year. I can’t remember anything major happening to me. It was more things happening to those around me.

As you know, I have a goal to take one major trip each year. This year, I visited my friend Alice who lives in Hong Kong. We also went to China and Macau. I liked Hong Kong. It was a city with a fast pulse. I particularly liked what I called the real Hong Kong. This is the Hong Kong outside of the tourist area. Macau was awesome. I would actually like spending some time just walking up and down their old roads. They had the best buns, and it made me want to go to Portugal! It had a really good feel to it. I had a small glimpse at China, and I am hungry for me. The greatest part of the trip was being able to hang out with a good friend.

I also traveled to NYC for my job. It was a great trip and my friend Sophia joined me. I was able to see the Spider Man show on Broadway. It was fun to just walk around, and we went to a comedy show that was actually funny.

This year, three great people passed away. It’s weird because on one hand, it seems like a lot of young people are passing away. On the other hand, it seems like a lot of mighty oaks are falling. The pastor from my youth, my grandmother, and my friend Yamini’s Aunt Mani who I spent time with in India all went to the other side.

I am still working for the Port of Seattle. October 1, 2011, marked my 15th anniversary (included my temp time). I am grateful to have a job, and especially grateful that it was upgraded. The first 15 years went by so fast. I assume the next 15 will go by just as quickly. Time is moving!

Church is going well. I am putting the final touches to the first issue of year 11 of our newsletter. It’s hard to believe it’s been that long. It continues to be something I enjoy. I know I was called to write, and my skills as an editor are improving. I am also an usher still. I have come a long way from my “mean usher” days. God has been good to me. God has surrounded me with wonderful people. I am truly blessed in this area. God has sent me a lot of love, and I am thankful for it. I am very excited about our plans to publish an anthology next year.

My hair is coming along. January 8 will mark two years of locking.

I have no idea of what 2012 will bring, but I am excited. I think it’s going to be a good year!

I pray that you had a Merry Christmas and will have a Happy New Year!

No comments: