Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Week 50

Jeremiah 29:11
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (NIV)

“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” (NLT)

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. (KJV)

This is week 50. Two more to go after this.

As each year ends, I reflect on how the year went, and I think about my future and my dreams and desires.

Time my friends is moving way too fast. Since my college years, time has zoomed by. As a child, time seemed to move so slowly. I can remember yesterday sitting on the street corner by the house I grew up in wishing for time to move faster so I could leave. Now, I blink and a year is already gone.

One thing I keep close to my heart is that God knows me and that He wants the best for me. Yes, there are things I don’t have that I want, BUT God’s desire for me is to prosper and to have peace and to have hope and to have a good end.

So, I choose Jeremiah 29:11 to meditate on.

There is another scripture that says God won’t hold any good things from me, which is so true. There are too many things I thought I wanted that I am so happy I didn’t get.

So, be in couraged that God wants the best for you! Sometimes, the good things take longer to come. Plus, timing is everything. Some things we haven’t been ready for, until now!

No comments: