Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Week 19

I am behind in posting my thoughts from my devotional day on Monday.

For the most, I am coming out of the funk I have had for several weeks.

Part of the problem is that I am in the midst of transition. I am not quite the person I am becoming, yet I am not quite the person I used to be. This is causing some friction internally. I feel like there is a battle going on between two people. One person is fighting to emerge. The other person is hesitant to change.

For my scriptures, I choose two of my favorite scriptures that tell me a few things about myself.

The scriptures let me know that we are fearfully and wonderfully made. Even if I feel too this or too that, God made me in His image.

The other thing that gives me hope is that God knew me, knows me, and will know me. All of my transformations and renewing are already done. I just need to reach the moments in time when things click. I will never be done transforming, which is a good thing. There is always room for improvement.

Psalm 139:14
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

My prayers surround my desire to not get frustrated and quit. It’s so easy to revert back to what is comfortable, but it’s time for the new wine skin the Bible talks about.

No comments: