Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2010 in Review

2010 in Review

2010 has been a challenging but fruitful year. I’m learning to get over myself. I believe that the valuable lessons learned will lead to 2011 being a great year! I think it will be challenging, but I think my perspective and attitude will make all the difference. Basically, I need to learn to be less selfish. In some ways, I blame being single and having no children. My world revolves around me (smile).

As you know, I have a goal to take one major trip each year. This year, I visited Greece, Belgium, and the Netherlands. For the Greece portion, I joined a tour group. My experience emphasized that Rick Steves is the best company to tour with if you are going to tour, but I am bias. The highlights of this portion of the trip were going to Patmos and seeing the cave where John is believed to have written Revelation and going to Ephesus in Turkey and seeing the Grand Theater that is mentioned in the Book of Acts. Paul preached there! I also really loved Santorini. It would be a great place to go on my honeymoon! Belgium was a great place to relax. I loved a church called Church of Our Lady. It was such a peaceful place to visit each day I was there. I totally loved Amsterdam. I think a lot of people think of the Red Light District and drugs when they think of Amsterdam. I think of a great, historic city with tons of canals and bridges. It was so magical and is right up there with Dublin as one of my favorite places I’ve been to.

I also traveled to Los Angeles in May. My dear friend Samarah got married, and I was a bridesmaid. The week following, I went to NYC for my job. It was a great trip, and I managed to catch a couple of shows (Avenue Q and Rock of Ages).

This year there was a close death and birth in my life. My aunt that raised me pasted away. If I could go back, I would have done a lot of things differently, but sometimes we assume we have all the time to get things right. I am grateful that I was able to wish her a Happy Mother’s Day one last time. It was a painful reminder that you don’t know how long you have with people. It’s so important to clear the air with people and be present in their lives. My good friend Desiree had a baby boy in October! Another nephew to add to the mix. I am so happy for her family.

I am still working for the Port of Seattle. October 1, 2010, marked my 14th anniversary (included my temp time). I am grateful to have a job.

Church is going well. I am putting the final touches to the first issue of year ten of our newsletter. It’s hard to believe it’s been that long. It continues to be something I enjoy. I know I was called to write, and my skills as an editor are improving. I am also an usher still. I have come a long way from my “mean usher” days. God has been good to me. God has surrounded me with wonderful people. I am truly blessed in this area. God has sent me a lot of love, and I am thankful for it.

I started a new journey as I am locking my hair. I started January 8, 2010, and it's come a long way. The hair has its own heartbeat. I love it! I so want to get a nose ring, but that will probably have to wait until I am self employed.

I have no idea of what 2011 will bring, but I am excited. God is doing amazing things and is ever patient with me.

I pray that you had a Merry Christmas and will have a Happy New Year!

No comments: