Thursday, December 2, 2010

Second post from work blog

This is another blog I did for my job’s blog. This was actually done December 28, 2009, so it’s not quite a year old. The question was posed December 23, 2009, on how employees were going to spend their “holidays” (aka Christmas and New Years’).

On a side note, I noticed this year people aren’t scared to say Christmas! I made a point of saying Christmas on this blog and not “holiday”. Holiday is better than “Xmas”, which I used when I was younger because I thought it was an abbreviation for Christmas. I was horrified when I learned this word was actually to “X” out Christ. Lord, forgive me. I had no idea!!! I see red when I see that word.

I called it, “Food, Fun, and Fellowship.”

I’m late, but here is what I did.

Christmas Eve, the family gathered for food, fun, and fellowship. We had an assortment of foods ranging from chili dogs to fried chicken to Chinese food. We also had a few healthier choices like veggie and fruit trays. Of course, one can’t forget the desserts of pies, cakes, and cupcakes. We also had games like Candy Land and Operation for the kids. At some point in the evening, we found a Christmas Story and watched part of the marathon. (On a side note: When I was growing up, my sisters and I used to stay up all night watching the movie over and over again so it brings back good memories).

Christmas day the family regrouped and we had our State of the Union address, which the kids call the “speeches.” We talked about the year, the importance of family unity, and what the days means to our family.

The kids went wild for the presents and then we had dinner. It was great: turkey, dressing, yams, macaroni and cheese, gravy, homemade rolls, greens, prime rib, and I think I’m forgetting something. Plus desserts like pecan pie and pound cake.

So, now on to the New Year’s Day, where I pledge to eat better so I can do it all again next year!

No comments: