Friday, July 30, 2010

Very Random Thoughts

All I can say is TGIF! I’m very, very, very tired, and I look forward to sleeping in one of these days. Unfortunately, it will not be tomorrow as I have a retreat for the editing team at my church.

It’s amazing how a small thing like a retreat can get one back motivated and focused on the assignment at hand. One of the most important things we do is set an editorial calendar for the year. Each issue is outlined with themes and topics.

Maybe I need to apply this to my life. Better planning and more organization. As the saying goes, when you fail to plan, you plan to fail!

And time marches on too quickly. Tomorrow is already the end of July and the year is more than half gone.

Today is one of those days that I wonder what is around the corner. Life has this way of coasting and then suddenly changing very quickly. Things like death interrupt the even flow of life. I am trying to stay present and live and enjoy today, but I can’t help wanting a sneak peak.

And reading the news is not helping. All I see is crazy headlines, and I ask Lord, what on earth is going on here? Where is this country and world headed to? It is my faith that in times like this God’s grace abounds the more.

And this question runs through my mind. How do we give people what they need when they only desire what they want?

No comments: