Saturday, June 20, 2009

Rent

In March, I wrote about Moment’s in Time. Today I had such a moment. I went and saw Rent with my dear friend, Des. I had seen Rent before in New York City, but this Broadway tour had two of the original cast members, Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp. When Pascal sang “One Song Glory,” I felt emotional and deeply moved.

In my case it would be more along the lines of getting that book out of me or putting together that book of testimonies or poetry.

There were some songs like “Will I?” that make me ache with sadness at the thought of someone dying alone with AIDS or cancer. It would be very lonely and there are people who are very much alone and that makes me sad.

There truly is no day like today. Yesterday is gone, and tomorrow is not promised. Today is the day to use any special occasion items you have. Today is the today to work towards your purpose and destiny.

It was just another reminder to live life to the fullest.

No comments: