Sunday, March 8, 2009

Moments in Time

There are moments in time that I want to freeze. Perhaps it is not so much the moment but the feeling of the moment. It’s like going to a Prince Concert and hearing “Purple Rain”. Or a Motley Crue concert and hearing “Home Sweet Home”. Or a Bon Jovi concert and hearing “Wanted Dead or Alive”. It is the moment in time I had looked forward to the most. Once that moment came, I wanted it to last forever.

It is strange that certain music can evoke a feeling. Perhaps a better word would be longing. There are times I yearn for a taste of that feeling. I am often confused if I am yearning for a feeling I have had or some distance feeling that is coming. Or is it a feeling I have had but lost.

There are times when I go still and it is almost like at that moment that some fathom emotion wants to rise to the surface. Maybe it is the memory that music has. A certain song can remind me of a certain person or a certain event. Like “Volare” will always remind me of Italy since I heard it in Venice and Ostia Antica. “Home” will always remind me of India.

It is puzzling that I am not sure what I am looking for. I just know that I have not found it.

No comments: