Friday, April 12, 2013

Public Speaking 101

     “According to most studies, people's number one fear is public speaking. Number two is death. Death is number two. Does that sound right? This means to the average person, if you go to a funeral, you're better off in the casket than doing the eulogy.” Jerry Seinfeld

This quote from Jerry Seinfeld has always made me laugh.

I have done all I can do to avoid public speaking. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on the day, my days of avoiding it are behind me.

At my job I'm being allowed (or forced, again depending on the day) to give a monthly report to my division on our monthly volumes.

Since my number was called up, I decided that taking a public speaking course was a good idea. I took a six-week course, which culminated in the class attendees giving a presentation to people who were invited to attend our last class.

It went okay, and I didn't die. I plan on adding a picture of myself up there to post as evidence I did it. LOL

No comments: