Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Matrix

I find myself pretty distracted lately.

I can trace this back to two purchases that have me so tied to the Matrix.

1) I was upgraded to an I-phone a few months back. Now, I hear a ding each time I get an email. So, I find myself tied to my email and phone. It's a sickness. I can also play Words with Friends on it. This game is also part of the problem. I find myself tied to my computer at home playing the ten or so matches I have going on during any given time.

2) For my birthday, I asked for Target gift cards. I received enough funds to where I could buy a Kindle Fire. So, now I am getting free books from Amazon and books from the library's digital file. So, I have tons of books to read. I have also begun checking out books from the library when a digital copy is not available. So. Reading, reading, reading in between playing Words with Friends, which I can also play on my Kindle.

Did I mention I am supposed to be editing an anthology right now? Plus, I need to begin working on the July 1 issue of the Scroll.

Basically, I am too connected to technology. And, these games and books are distracting to me where I don't do anything in my free time but read and play Words with Friends. I hope the novelty wears off.

These would be good things to give up for Lent, if I thought I could make it!

No comments: