Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Days of My Life

If I knew how much time I had left, it would be easier to plan everything I wanted to do in the allotted time. When I say time left, I mean that in several ways. One is the obvious. One day I will die, and I hope to have accomplished my goals by then. I hope to be old and gray and surrounded by friends and family, but that’s my plan not God’s plan. Right now, I have the full use of my faculties. When I plan to be healthful and mobile for the rest of my days…well, let’s just pray that’s how it goes. Right now, I’m single with no kids. So I can pretty much come and go as I please. When I have a family, I have to consider that in my planning.

Now, if I had to picture my life, I would picture myself married to my “soul mate” that also enjoys traveling. Most of the time, it’s just me and him, and we are free to take yearly trips to far-away, exotic places. I picture one trip a year. Then, sometimes I picture myself as a stay-at-home mom raising a couple of kids with my house being the neighborhood favorite for the kids. In which case, foreign travel may be put off until the kids are older.

So my buck list:

Places to Go:
Egypt
Israel
Spain
Morocco
Greece
Turkey
Australia
Argentina
Who Am I Kidding? I want to go everywhere.

Things to Do:
Write a Book
Take a photography class
Go whale watching
Ride the Duck
Go on a horse and buggy ride during the winter with some hot chocolate
Find a place to volunteer

I like this list because it’s simple and achievable.

No comments: